Friday, February 11, 2011

Marina And The Diamonds singer alerts police after new songs leak

Marina Diamandis of Marina And The Diamonds has claimed that she has contacted the police over the leaking of some of her unfinished new songs.

Writing on her blog at Marinaandthediamonds.com, the singer made a plea for fans to come forward with information to help find the culprit or culprits.

"I have the police involved," she claimed. "So if you know information about the people who are doing this, you can message me. I have waxed lyrical to [record label] Warner about how incredible you are and I have faith in you on this."

She added: "I am asking for you to protect me. I rely on you guys heavily - and transparently - and I need your help. You're the only ones who control whether things stop or spread."

She wrote that the leaks were impinging on her creativity and branded the culprits "grim" and "unworthy".

"The more leaks that happen, the slower I go," she wrote. "As you can imagine, the thought of people invading my privacy and listening to half-assed unfinished songs that I write at 3am on a tour bus does not make me feel too relaxed or creative."

The Shockwaves NME Awards Tour 2011 takes place throughout February, while Shockwaves NME Awards Shows are also taking place in London throughout the month. See NME.COM/TICKETS for details.


View the original article here

No comments: